Multi-tasking, project oriented Networking professional proven to lead/teach networking concepts with a strategic approach.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- NETWORKING: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, TACACS+, NetFlow/sFlow, SNMP, Syslog, VRF, LAN/WAN, WiFi, NAS, Routing/Switching (Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Juniper, FortiNet/FortiGate), Proxy (Bluecoat), Load Balancing (F5, Radware, Citrix), VoIP (Asterisk)
- SECURITY: Cisco ASA/PIX, Palo Alto Networks, HP TippingPoint, Juniper NetScreen/SRX, ISS Proventia
- SERVER: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Linux (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian), Sun (SPARC), Active Directory, LDAP, Microsoft Exchange, SMTP, IMAP, Apache, Solarwinds, SSH, SFTP, SCP, rsync, Domain Records/DNS, RAID, Samba/CIFS, NFS
- APPLICATIONS: Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, Sharepoint—Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator—Intuit Quickbooks
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER, ALLSTATE INSURANCE CO
December 2015 – Present
Responsible for researching, designing, building, testing, deploying, analyzing, administering, and maintaining the enterprise network environment, including hardware and software components, to meet current and future business needs. This includes monitoring and controlling the performance and status of enterprise network environment technology components, and providing network technology component support and problem resolution. Needs advanced knowledge with utilizing proven systems, scripting, and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution. Creates, reviews, and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR, ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE
June 2015 – December 2015
This position is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to the program objectives.
- Teaches material from approved curriculum and develops daily lesson plans to include instructional aids.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Completes professional development and in-service activities in accordance with college standards.
- Maintains expertise in subject area and recommends improvements in curriculum design.
- Instructs students in laboratory safety procedures if applicable.
- Performs duties in the Learning Resource Center as assigned.
- When possible, participates in core course academic support programs, certification programs, and student professional associations.
NETWORK MANAGER, STATE OF FLORIDA, AGENCY FOR STATE TECHNOLOGY
(RENAMED FROM NORTHWOOD SHARED RESOURCE CENTER, JUNE 2014)
September 2013 – December 2015
This position administers complex management information studies and planning activities, determining the comprehensive cause or nature of management information problem, developing generic solutions, and planning for implementation if needed. Exercising independent judgment, this position assists in formulating policies and procedures that have significant impact in personnel administration in the section and will assist the Financial section of the department with the development of rates and spending plans.
- Act as Network Consultant to AST and other State agencies and private industry groups interested in connection to the Network for Data Communication needs.
- Monitors system network performance to assure adequate end user response time.
- Research, review and evaluate developments in communication software and hardware to provide management with up to date technical information and recommendations.
- Manage the installation maintenance and tuning to the AST’s mainframe communication and network monitoring software.
- Provide technical assistance in diagnosing and correcting network problems as required.
- Supervise the provision of network support for application and technical staff users in the production environment for all IT systems.
- Develop technical specifications for AST communication software and hardware acquisitions.
Monitor core network hardware to assure adequate performance and utilization for current and projected needs.
NETWORK ANALYST, STATE OF FLORIDA, NORTHWOOD SHARED RESOURCE CENTER
April 2011 – September 2013
- Provide technical analysis, design, and support for the NSRC network, including coordination with application programmers and technical staff from customer agencies to support user needs and maintain security of customer systems.
Analyze, configure, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and communication problems with the NSRC high-speed core and DMZ networks, including routing switching and firewall policies.
- Plan, design and coordinate the data center requirements for the Wide Area Network services.
- Consults with the NSRC customer Information Systems Management and Technical Staff on data center network needs.
- Document current and proposed network designs, port assignments, and update monitoring tools.
- Coordinate for the acquisition and contracting for NSRC network hardware/software and support.
- Monitor the performance of the NSRC network to ensure adequate user response time.
IT ADMINISTRATOR, MARIE A. MATTOX, P.A., TALLAHASSEE, FL
June 2010 – April 2011
- Responsible for Hardware, Software, Security, and Services on Workstations, Laptops, Smartphones, Networking Devices, and Servers for 30 Users.
- Design, Budget, Propose, & Advise on a Secure Network Infrastructure and other Changes/Purchases.
- Replace/Install, Monitor, and Maintain Routers, Switches, and Storage Devices using logs & alerts.
- Perform Upgrades to Hardware, Operating Systems, Applications, and Devices with minimal downtime.
- Troubleshoot and resolve System and Network issues to ensure optimal performance and efficiency.
- Provide On-Call Technical Support (24×7) – Approximately 10 Tickets Daily.
- Implement/Mange Active Directory & Group Policy Infrastructure.
- Maintain & Troubleshoot Digital/IP Phone System.
- Write scripts to automate tasks and generate reports.
- Contract for Updates to Public Web Site, including: Data Collection, SEO, Content Management.
- Develop & Implement Backup Plan for Critical Data, Communication Logs, and Server Images.
- Manage IT Assets and Asset List.
- Mentor, Instruct, and Supervise two Interns from local University.
IT ADMINISTRATOR, SALVO POOL & SPA, TALLAHASSEE, FL
February 2005 – June 2010
- Responsible for all computer and electronic devices in a Small Business environment.
- Install, Maintain, and Monitor Small Business Server & Storage Server.
- Provide Technical Support during Business Hours.
- Create Public Web Site, including: Coding, Development, SEO, Content Management & Framework.
- Design Worksheets and Templates using Productivity Software to maximize efficiency of users.
FLORIDA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY—MELBOURNE, FL—B.S. COMPUTER SCIENCE, 2004
Focused on programming methodologies and abstracts, system and network administration, architecture, and technical communication. Senior Project was a Flight Control System for a modified model of a V-22 Osprey.
CERTIFICATIONS & AWARDS
F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator (F5-CA), F5, 2016
Emerging Technology Leader of the Year Finalist, Tampa Bay Technology Forum, 2015
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco, 2013
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Cisco, 2012
Network+ Certified, CompTIA, 2009
A+ Certified IT Technician, CompTIA, 2009
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNITY
Co Den Leader, Cub Scouts – Pack 23, Tallahassee, FL
Coach for Youth Soccer, Baseball
Advisory Board Member, Keiser University, 2010-2011
President, Inter-Fraternity Council, Florida Institute of Technology, 2003
Pi Lambda Phi (ΠΛΦ) Fraternity